Monday, July 14, 2008

D.C. Temple


This past Saturday I was given the opportunity to visit the Washington D.C. temple to do a session with my Relief Society down here in VA Beach. The Temple is about 3 1/2 hours from where we live and about 2 hours after we starting driving there I realize I had completely forgot my recommend!!!! Dang it! I was so upset! Needless to say, all the women did a session and Emilee got to know the visitors center real well! I guess I really can't complain though because the temple was absolutely, amazingly BEAUTIFUL! I loved it! And you can bet your bottom dollar that I put my recommend in the wallet to forever stay.... as soon as I got home!

The car ride was something to talk about though! I have never met a lady who talked more in my LIFE! Mirinda, Becky, and I thought it was a hoot, she was still talking even when we were all asleep...to who, I don't know? She was very kind, however, and we were fortunate to have a safe trip. I am grateful for the Relief Society organization.

Mirinda and I at the Temple....Just before Mirinda tripped in front of crowds of people in the temple. Ha Ha! Love her.

3 comments:

Tyler and Nicole Anderson said...

I absolutely LOVE the DC Temple! It is so beautiful! I remember going there last summer and walking in to do Temple work and everytime we went they were like bowing down to us because they don't get a lot of people at that temple I guess! But it was amazing!! Inside and Out!

Mike and Lauren said...

Oh that stinks! If there's ever a next time where you don't have your recommend see if they can look you up in the directory...sometimes they can. Hope you get to go again, that Temple looks gorgeous!

Becky said...

a game night would be so much fun... we also need to plan another trip up to the temple... when should we go