Sunday, November 30, 2008

Journals!!

Even though, I haven't always been very faithful about keeping a journal my Dad has totally inspired me to. He has kept a journal for 30+ years and although, he thinks no one has read any of his entries, I have, many times as a teenager, and it is such a blessing and has touched me to be able to read the sweet words he has written about our family, memories he has treasured in his life, his testimony, etc. It brought tears to my eyes every stinkin' time. This has helped me realize the importance of keeping record so that our children, grandchildren, and every following generation, etc can read of our life's experiences. President Kimball says..."And in that glorious day when our families are together in the eternities, we will already be acquainted” If your like me, one of the main reasons I procrastinated was because of having to hand write so much! So, like my dad I have been keeping a journal on the computer, and saving it to an external drive. He prints off his journals in increments of 3 years and places them in a labeled binder. I love my parents very much and decided that this was something I wanted to carry on for my children. I hope that my children will appreciate my journal in years to come and if nothing else, know that I have a testimony of our Savior, and love them! I think this is is a great idea and encourage all who do not keep a journal to do so! It's a great way to remind yourself of all your many blessings. Thanks, Dad!

Hope everyone had a wonderful, safe Thanksgiving Holiday!

4 comments:

The Gines Family said...

cute blog...and exciting news about the new baby coming..love the name!

Chad and Tina said...

I changed my Blog address (URL)!!! It no longer has my last name in it! Erase the old because it no longer exists and copy the new! http://chadandtinadreaming.blogspot.com/

Danelle and Alex said...

We put our blog on private so will you send me your email address to danelle_3@msn.com and I will send you an invite. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I too put off writing because I have to write. It's so much easier to sit down and type! I'm going to try this. I love that your dad prints them off and saves them. So great! Thanks for getting some stuff for that family! Wrapping it is great. YOu can bring it to me, or I can meet you halfway- we are in lehi. If you want you could even take it to the family. You can call me- 801-680-0866. Thanks Em